Connect Readers with more books and authors
The WIN Catalog is a suite of features that provides new ways to connect readers with books and authors through your OverDrive-powered website and generate additional revenue for your library. The WIN Catalog includes Recommend to Library, WIN Affiliates Program and Library Media Network.
Recommend to Library
The Recommend to Library (RTL) feature allows users to browse hundreds of thousands of additional digital titles, including those not in your collection. While users will search within your library’s catalog by default, they can choose to expand results to include titles not currently in your collection. These titles are available for your users to ‘Recommend to Library’ or purchase for themselves if they want their own personal copy.
- The ‘Additional Titles’ catalog includes eBooks and audiobooks from publishers who support digital book lending in libraries.
- The title details page will show format options for a title (e.g., Adobe EPUB or Kindle Book)
- Only valid users can submit recommendations
- Customization of the Additional Titles catalog is not available.
- Within the OverDrive Marketplace “Preferences” section, you can set how many recommendations a user can make and how often.
Ordering User-Recommended Titles
- Your library can set the RTL Manager in OverDrive Marketplace to either automatically submit the order with a budget set, or create an order in the work queue for manual review. A report is also available.
- For shared collections, a recommendation made by a user from an Advantage library would be submitted to the consortium RTL Manager, if one has been set up. If the consortium has not set up an RTL Manager or the Advantage RTL Manager was set to run before the consortium’s, then it will be added to the Advantage RTL Manager.
When making a recommendation, a user can choose to be notified if the title is purchased and/or be automatically placed on the waiting list.
WIN Affiliates Program
The WIN Affiliates Program connects library users to a network of online booksellers to purchase a personal copy of a title. When a user follows a ‘Buy It Now’ link, the referring library receives a content credit for the user’s entire purchase, not just the initial referring title.
- Affiliate fees are distributed on a quarterly basis in the form of a content credit. You will receive an email from OverDrive with a summary of activity. OverDrive Marketplace reporting is not currently available.
- The average affiliate credit is approximately six percent.
- For shared collections, if an Advantage user is logged into their account and then clicks a Buy It Now link, the affiliate fee would be credited to the Advantage library. If the user is not logged in at the time of referral, the affiliate fee would be credited to the consortium.
Promote the WIN Affiliate partner links to increase usage and total credit received. The list of partner links can be found on the WIN Affiliate page at your site, which is your OverDrive-powered website URL followed by “WinAffiliate.htm.” For example, http://downloads.waukeganpl.org/WinAffiliate.htm
The list of participating booksellers is not customizable. However, we welcome suggestions for additional booksellers to be included.